Saturday 7 July 2012

SCAMMERS

You know there are some days that try your patience, well I had one of those days today.
SCAMMMER NO 1
I listed and sold this item on Ebay. The buyer emailed saying that the item was faulty and marked and was not holding its charge. Thinking that the item may has been damaged in transit. I agreed to refund once I received the goods.
THIS IS WHAT I SENT
THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED
WAIT FOR IT
THIS IS THE OTHER SIDE 
 Needless to say I contacted Ebay and advised them of what has happened, then sent the buyer an email to say I will not be refunding until I receive my good intact.

SCAMMER NO 2
I made a wedding dress for a local shop in April and have not been paid, sorry I have been paid a 1/3 of my labour cost, bearing in mind that I also bought fabric to make the dress. Over the past months I have been assured that the money will be in my bank by the close of day, by the end of the week, by the end of the month, with various excuses why it has not been paid, I will not bore you with it here. 

Today I left a message on her voice mail, politely stating I was disappointed with how I had been treated, leaving no doubt in her mind that I would not be happy to work with her and then rang her shop, thankfully the assistant who is aware of how I have been treated, handed the phone to her boss without alerting her to who it was. Yes you guessed it, loads of excuses, before I had time to say what I thought. Having told her and receiving yet another feeble apology, I was reassured that the money would be in today or Monday. Within 5 minutes I received two call to confirm that the money would be going in. Why the urgency, well I am aware that a new dressmaker she engaged has not delivered professional work, so it has left her out of pocket and losing customers. Well only time will tell or until Monday. Gut feeling is this will happen, as I may be needed. Ha!!!!

SCAMMER NO 3.
My power pack for my laptop died on me today in the middle of filling out an application. I can't really afford a new one and no time to search for one on Ebay, yes I know Ebay again. Anyway, I decided to check out the small outlets in the town. I finally found a small computer shop, always like supporting small businesses. the man in question issued me with a power pack which he suggested I could used, although it was not the same brand as my laptop, he assured me that it would be fine, then he hit me with the price, £45.00 without the right connection, stating that a comparable one for my computer would cost me £80. to £90.00. I thank him politely and drove to one of the major outlets, received a brand new power pack for £49.50 with extras, that I don't need, but may come in handy for someone else. 

What can I say, I am an easy going person that doesn't often let things get to me, but today really tied my patience.

What has tried your patience lately? how did you resolve it? did it leave you out of pocket? or pulling your hair out.

JUST A GENTLE REMINDER TO YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE HONEST WITH PEOPLE DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY WILL BE HONEST WITH YOU



WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT WEEKEND. 

No comments: