Friday 11 May 2012

Dressed for a Spring Wedding


This dress was made for a client attending a wedding in France. The dress is made up with stretched cotton, at £14.90 per metre not cheap as it took almost 7metres to make dress and Jacket, but the end result is fabulous.
 I lined the dress in a vibrant purple blue with contrasting cream netting to add volume and interest. The ribbon tie front on the jacket, is made up of a combination of two ribbons, one green and the other an organza blue layered over the green to give a vintage look.
The belt was made by pleating a length of fabric cut on the cross grain to allow for maximum stretch and fastened at the back with a couple of skirt hook and bars.
To make the dress and jacket I used a combination of old patterns with a little tinkering here and there to give me the final result. The full circle skirt with the benefit of the netting swirled as the client moved, it was really great to see the clients barriers come down as she enjoyed the movement in the dress, I am sure she will make a huge impact on the day.
Unfortunately I cannot show you the result with the client, but I am pleased with the result, and I know she was as I got an extra long hug. 

3 comments:

Tickled Pink said...

Just stunning. Absolutley beautiful, the fabric is gorgeous and I love the style of the dress.

Liz said...

Wow, this dress is gorgeous! Love it (and a lot of other of the vintage looking dresses on your blog, too)!!

Liz (www.howling-liz.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

This is awesome,you have great talent! I would love to try something like this.

www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com