Sunday 9 January 2011

Made for a Friend

I made this dress for a client who wanted it as a gift for her friend
The dress it made from batik cotton with pleated detail at front neckline and gathered waitline, pockets at side seam and belt made with two contrasting print fabric and edge trim forming the extention to fasten the blet.

I think you will agree that she love the dress judging by her comments
Comments: Finally arrived in the mail today and the dress is even more gorgeous in person!! I can't WAIT to give this to my friend! She's going to love it, for sure!!.........I'll let you know what her reaction is to the dress, but I already know she's going to love it. :) Seriously, excellent craftmanship. I might be contacting you again soon to propose another dress project!! I'm working on final fashion illustrations right now. :) I can show it to you later on and see if it's something you think  you could do.............Gave my friend the dress today and as predicted, she absolutely LOVED it!! She loved the fabrics we chose and was admiring the design of the dress. She couldn't believe what an excellent copy it was of the original Anthropologie dress. :) It's definitely a keeper.

Thank you so much for your hard work! :) I really appreciate it!!



I would love to hear what you think of the dress.

5 comments:

Lothiriel said...

I love it!I'd probably try it with a solid colored belt! Very nice!

The Low Country Socialite said...

hey! I'm on the search for other plus size bloggers out there and I really like your blog. It's really neat that you makes clothing! **jealous** lol visit my site if you get the chance! I think i'll enjoy following you!

My Yard Clothing said...

This is nice! I love really it. Very lucky friend.

Debbiedoos said...

Oh gosh I love this dress, it reminds me of the 60's and 70's, I just adore it, great colors too.

Vanessa said...

You have skills! I love the patterns and how they contrast so beautifully but also compliment each other so interestingly. This is just beautiful!