Sunday 2 May 2010

Day Four

SKIRT FOUR
I have been watching the weather all morning for a break of sunshine to take these photos. It's dull and raining here in Essex; I hope you are having better weather where you are. Anyway! about this skirt. This is for us bigger girls. The skirt is made in light weight jersey and I have ruched the waistband and added elastic to the back for extra ease, although the stripes are across the stomach, yeh I know that the part you don’t want to emphasis, but, but, the ruched effect breaks down the stripes and give a more softer stylish look. The gathered body of the skirt falls away from the waist so there is less bulk in that area. I hope you like this. I like my skirts shorter and plan to make a shorter one for me; this skirt will fit a size 24uk ONE WEEK CHALLENGE





11 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Okay, first of all thanks for stopping by. Now this skirt is interesting. Falls away from the waist, huh? Hmmm Now that's interesting. I like the black & white stripes too. If you're going to have stripes they have to be vertical especially for us short chubby people, but I don't know I still have my eye on that Rose Print Dress maybe. ~hehe~ Dang, I'm hard to please!

cheeky rose said...

Xmas Dolly, sorry about the pictures, it is actually navy and white stripes, and I am only 5'1" and it works. Hey you are not hard to please, you just know your own mind.

elsie said...

love the waist treatment - SO flattering!! I see navy!!

Unknown said...

i love the waistband on it!

Missy
High street + Couture =
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Diomoglass said...

That's like me trying to make a window every day. Possible but a challenge! These are all looking fab! Well done!

Debbie said...

I love this skirt! I like the navy stripes and the ruched waistline. I'm a size 18/20 and can imagine wearing it, comfortably hiding my tummy.

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting Fashion Church!
I love that skirt, and I have been diagnosed with AADD myself. I too sit and create constantly, but feel that it isn't a disease to be "diagnosed", but a blessing ;). I hope you will contribute to fashion church!!! ANY type of creativity is welcome and I would love for you to be a part of it as well. If you can come up with a better way for people to contribute, I'd love to hear your imput. I am also adding you to the Summer give-away. Would u be interested in doing a co-authorship with fashion church? No worries if not, but I believe that you clicked on for a reason!
Have a great time sewing :)

Unknown said...

Did u create this pattern? if so, would you mind sending it my way? I love to take old fabric and re-cycle it into a new item :)
revasrags2roses.blogspot.com
My e-mail: rfrm@current.net

Unknown said...

Wow! This skirt is perfection! Beautifully done, I can totally dig the stripes. Gosh, are you selling this?! :)

Unknown said...

in the immortal words of the beatles
'love, love, love'

Lothiriel said...

I love this skirt! Love the waist band!